Early Scene of St. John's Lutheran Church
John's Lutheran Church - 1994
John's Lutheran Church was officially established in 1881 and a school
may have been established some time before. The congregation at the
time consisted of 37 families, mostly German. A school was built on property
in 1895 and a teacherage in 1900. Plans for a new church were released in 1920, but due to the depression, they were pushed back to 1940. Construction
began in 1955 and was officially completed in 1958.